9 YEARS ago, London born singer-rapper Estelle released her solo single ‘1980,’ from her debut album The 18th Day which to date, still remains as one of her most popular albums in the UK and around the world. Sampling Tony Orlando‘s ‘Lazy Susan,’ Estelle talks about growing up in the 1980s, with multiple family members in their four bedroom house.
Estelle has become one of the most recognized British artists throughout her career; winning a Grammy Award for her collaboration with Kanye West, and she also worked with the likes of Rick Ross and Janelle Monae. Check out the video below, where it all started for Estelle. The video was directed by Andy Hylton. Choon!
- Singer Estelle Launches Scarves Collection (madnewsuk.com)
- Vaughan’s Picks | @A2Artist: LONDONXLIVING (vaughanmasawiey.com)
- Estelle Is Set To Launch A Scarve Collection (starrvybzuk.com)
- Estelle Dishes On Music, Designing, And Newfound Happiness (styleblazer.com)
- Estelle Chats About Dating, Combing Instagram for Red Flags (bet.com)